Are you looking to quit smoking and try vaping instead? Maybe you are just curious and like the smell. What about those cool clouds?
Vaping can be overwhelming with different devices and juices with crazy names and many choices. You’ve come to the right place if you are ready to enter the vaping world.
Here is how to smoke a vape pen for the first time.
What is a vape pen?
A vaporizing pen is a battery-operated device for inhaling aerosol, usually containing nicotine, flavourings, cannabis and other chemicals. They first came on the market in the mid-2000s as an alternative to cigarettes but have since taken the world by storm.
It is a great alternative to smoking since you can consume tobacco-free options. You can also regulate the amount of nicotine to transition off it over time.
How to choose a vape pen
There are different vaping devices, but we are looking at vape pens specifically. You can choose a vape pen for sale based on several factors:
- Budget: Disposable to high-end pens
- Type Of Substances Used: Wax, juice, oils, herbs
- Design: Stainless steel, ceramic, carbon fibre, pyrex
- Heating Process: Convection, conduction, induction
As a first-timer, buy a disposable kind to get a feel for it without breaking the bank. It is easier to use, and you can pick a light flavour that isn’t too strong. You also don’t have to worry about cartridges and refilling. Just enjoy the vaping and throw it away when it is done.
This is also a way to try different flavours without buying the juice because the disposable ones are pre-filled. A disposable vape pen will let you try to see if vaping is for you and if you enjoy it, you can spend more money on a rechargeable pen.
How to charge a vape pen
When you get your first rechargeable vape pen, open it up and fully charge it. This conditions the battery, so it lasts longer between charges. This will also give you time to read the instructions and familiarize yourself with your new device. It could take anywhere from a half-hour to 4 hours to charge, so be patient. There will be an indicator light showing when it is ready.
How to adjust to vaping
When you are ready to start vaping, take it slow. This is a new sensation for the body, and you will experience some effects, good and bad. These include dizziness, headaches and even nausea at first. You may also have a dry mouth and throat, so drink plenty of water before and during your vaping. This should only last a few days.
How to begin vaping
Remember that vaping is different than smoking. There is no smoke going into your lungs, but the nicotine or other substances are still delivered. Take short breaths, to begin with, and see how you react. This will build up your tolerance, especially for cannabis and nicotine liquids. Work your way up to long, deep drags off the pen with a slow exhale.
How to choose vape flavours
If you are a smoker, then you probably want juice with nicotine. You may have to play around with different levels to find the right amount. The same goes for cannabis.
Now to selecting flavours. There are more flavours out there than you will ever be able to try, so don’t get overwhelmed. Visit your local vape shop and ask questions. Staff are usually more than happy to help because they tend to vape and are enthusiastic about the experience.
Here are the categories of vape juices:
- Fruity Flavours like strawberry, apple, blueberry and grape
- Drink Flavours like alcohol, pop, milkshakes and slurpies
- Candy Flavours like gummy bears, chocolate bars, crispy rice squares and candy cane
- Tobacco Flavours like sweet, spiced, menthol and cigar
- Dessert Flavours like chocolate cake, apple pie, cinnamon bun and ice cream
And the list goes on.
How to maintain a vape pen
For disposable pens, you simply enjoy them and discard them when they are empty. Rechargeable and refillable models take more care. First things first:
- Storage: When not used, keep your pen in a dry, cool place because moisture can damage the hardware. Consider getting an airtight container.
- Cleaning: Clean your device regularly to work perfectly every time you pick it up. Turn it off, disassemble and clean all the components with a cleaning swab. Wash the mouthpiece under warm water or use a damp cloth. Then you can put it back together, and it is ready to use.
- Charging: We talked about this earlier but get into a habit of fully charging your pen before going out. The last thing you want is to run out and not be able to use it.
Ultimately, the best vape pen for you is the one you can afford. Understand that the more you spend, the better quality and life span it will have.
Starting your vaping journey with a vape pen is perfect for testing the waters and experiencing it. Enjoy all that vaping offers and experiment with all the fantastic flavours. Then pass on your knowledge to the next first-timer.